New Corporate Website for Sarepta Therapeutics Conveys Innovation
In April 2014, biopharmaceutical company Sarepta Therapeutics launched a new website – www.sarepta.com– as the culmination of a strategic rebranding plan. Sarepta had its initial public offering in 1997 under the name AntiVirals Inc., (later changed to AVI BioPharma, Inc.,) and was renamed Sarepta Therapeutics in 2012 (NASDAQ: SRPT). Fox & Gazelle designed a dynamic new site for Sarepta and collaborated with Medium Well, who built the site.
Sarepta.com includes technologies such as parallax scrolling and adaptive design for mobile device viewing. Key technical requirements and challenges of the project were:
- Custom coding of HTML5 parallax pages
- Hand-off and integration of new templates with the Thompson Reuters/Nasdaq system for integration of news and stock information
- Inclusion of jobs postings section, hosted by a 3rd party
- Integration with Acquia’s Enterprise Hosting platform
The production process took about three months. The biggest challenge for Medium Well revolved around integrating newer and older back-end technologies while creating a dynamic front-end experience for the user. In the end, the client’s needs for the website were fulfilled using these technologies:
- Drupal Content Management System (CMS)
- CSS Style Sheets
See glossary for clarification of terms.